Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Journey There/Day One

Plaid Shirt- Salvation Army Langhorne PA 2.99 (Forever 21)
Jeans- Salvation Army Langhorne PA 5.99
Moccasins- Urban Outfitters 20.00 (Minnetonka)
Necklace- Red White and Blue Thrift Store 3.95

Green shirt- Goodwill Ewing NJ 4.00 (Target)
Shorts- Red White and Blue Thrift Store Hamilton NJ 4.95
Flats- Urban Outfitters 20.00
Necklace- Columbus Flea Market 3.00
Ring- Columbus Flea Market 3.00

As soon as I got home from work on Thursday evening, my dad brother and I headed for Florida in the Avalanche. My dad started out driving, and continued driving from Trenton NJ to Virginia. We left at 7 pm on the dot. Around midnight I drank some coffee and took over driving until 4 am. Then we stopped at South of the Border to use the bathroom and get more gas- too bad almost everything was closed at 4 am. My dad drove for two more hours while I took a quick nap. Around 6:30 we stopped for breakfast at the Waffle House in Georgia- I wasn't impressed with the food but the southern hospitality was a nice change. Then I drove from Georgia at 7 am until we hit some point in Florida around 11 am. We made one pit stop for energy drinks and a bathroom break between GA and FL, and got a quick McDonald's lunch around one pm in FL. It was such a long drive and pretty hard to stay awake but we listened to lots of music, and caffeine and singing sure helped a lot. We got to my grandpa's house in Bonita Springs FL at 4 pm Friday- a 21 hour car ride.
After finally arriving, we went for a swim in his pool, then went to a place called Angelina's for dinner where everything was over priced and it was hard to accommodate everyone's dietary needs. My brother's friend just so happened to be visiting his grandparents minutes away from where we were in FL so my brother's friend and his brother met up with us at the restaurant, then we all went to the dog race track to watch some racing and do some gambling. I won about 25 or 30 bucks, and my dad won 70 dollars in the final race! It's always a good time to check out the races, we usually go once every year we're in FL. After the races we were all so exhausted that it was time for bed. My brother and I slept out on the back screened in porch/patio near the pool. It was really nice to sleep outside and wake up to palm trees and sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment